Thursday, January 24, 2013

Silver Linings and Such

So my plan of hitting the ground running in 2013 and writing like nobody's business has not been much of a success thus far. I have gotten some good plotting work done on Imildurin Tales, but I have been thin on actual writing. Basically, Chapter 5 is kicking my butt at the moment. I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted it to go at one point, but I shifted some pieces to be in later chapters and that left me a bit unsure as to how to proceed with it. This is a less than ideal situation and I even considered shifting focus a bit to start a new short story just to get the writing juices flowing again. I did not do that, and now I am very glad I didn't.

During lunch today I had a moment of inspiration and it was just what I had been needing. In reality, it was just a thought on a relatively minor detail in the story, but it grew into something more and ultimately was the key to unlocking Chapter 5. At least I hope so.

So, my message here is one of positivity and perseverance. The last couple weeks have not been nearly as productive as I had planned, but things are looking up now and I think I will get some good momentum going in the coming days.

On a side note, Amazon finally made Keepers of the Tallath free this week and the response has been good. It already has almost half as many downloads as on Smashwords and it got as high (that I saw) as #31 on the Amazon chart for free Science Fiction short stories. I know that is getting pretty specific but I will take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment